Livestock Risk Protection (LRP)
Livestock Risk Protection is designed to provide protection on fed cattle, feeder cattle, swine, and lamb against a price decline during the policy coverage period. LRP is priced and available for sale continuously throughout the year. Coverage is determined by multiplying the number of livestock to be marketed times the market weight times the coverage price times the insured share. Coverage prices range from 70 to 100 percent of the expected ending value.
New for the 2021 Crop Year:
- Increase the premium subsidy rate for the 2021 crop year. The rate will increase based on the coverage selected by the livestock producer as outlined below:
|Previous Subsidy Rate
|Revised Subsidy Rate
- Increase head limits to:
- Feeder Cattle – 6,000 head per endorsement/12,000 head annually
- Fed Cattle – 6,000 head per endorsement/12,000 head annually
- Swine – 40,000 head per endorsement/150,000 head annually
- Modify the livestock ownership requirement to 60 days
- Add endorsement length options up to 52 weeks for swine
- Add new feeder cattle and swine types to allow for livestock to be insured before birth
This information is intended for informational purposes only. Nothing contained herein can or should be interpreted to take precedence over policy language, Federal Crop Insurance Corporation/Risk Management Agency regulation, and Underwriting or Loss Adjustment rules.