Livestock Risk Protection (LRP)
Livestock Risk Protection is designed to provide protection on fed cattle, feeder cattle, swine, and lamb against a price decline during the policy coverage period. LRP is priced and available for sale continuously throughout the year. Coverage is determined by multiplying the number of livestock to be marketed times the market weight times the coverage price times the insured share. Coverage prices range from 70 to 100 percent of the expected ending value.
New for the 2020 Crop Year:
- LRP Feeder Cattle – Price Adjustment Factor for Predominately Dairy changed to 50% for both weight ranges
- Feeder Cattle, Fed Cattle and Swine expanded to all states
- Lamb coverage availability map below
- Subsidy changed from 13% to a range from 20% - 35%
- Per Endorsement Head and Annual Head Limit changes
- Fed and Feeder Cattle – 3,000 per endorsement and 6,000 annual
- Swine – 20,000 per endorsement and 75,000 annual
This information is intended for informational purposes only. Nothing contained herein can or should be interpreted to take precedence over policy language, Federal Crop Insurance Corporation/Risk Management Agency regulation, and Underwriting or Loss Adjustment rules.